Thursday, July 4, 2013

2013 DAAL Paint-Out



 I painted this one in about three and a half hours. I always love painting outside and chatting with the people walking by. This was the second time that someone stopped to give me the history of the building I was painting. Currently, this is the Dublin Village Tavern, but in the early days of Dublin it was the post office, and the postman lived in the room upstairs. The woman who told me used to have a stained glass gallery there. It's a shame that we don't have any galleries here now!


I won second place in the judging! The work from the Paint-Out will be up in the Dublin Library until the 13th.


And I also made it on the front page of the local paper :)

*Note: I never said anything about living my passion to the photographer. That part was totally made up.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful work! And congratulations on making 2nd place! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...